Schools of Choice
Schools of Choice 2020-2021
East Grand Rapids Public Schools will participate in Schools of Choice in the Kent Intermediate Superintendents’ Association (KISA) Collaborative Schools of Choice Program for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Please visit www.kentisd.org for additional information regarding Schools of Choice for all 20 public schools in the Kent Intermediate School District.
If your student is entering the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th grade, please go to the EGRPS Tuition Enrollment Program webpage for information on how the process works.
The number of EGRPS openings by grade for the 2020-2021 school year are listed below:
KISA PROGRAM ~ For Residents of Kent County Only
KISA Collaborative Schools of Choice Program ~ All students who are residents of Kent Intermediate School Districts are eligible to apply for enrollment in any Kent ISD Public School that has an available opening at the grade level the student will be entering. Students who have been suspended or expelled may be excluded from the program.
Deadlines for the 2020-2021 Choice Plan
- Applications accepted April 13 through June 1, 2020. Applications due to district of choice by 4:00 pm.
- Parents notified by June 15, 2020 if student is accepted.
- Parents confirm decision to attend by June 22, 2020.
- Wait List families notified of any openings and must confirm decision on intent-to-enroll by July 1, 2020.
- 2020-2021 KISA Schools of Choice Application - English - electronic
- 2020-2021 KISA Schools of Choice Application - English - print
- 2020-2021 KISA Schools of Choice Application - Spanish - print
Applications may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to: East Grand Rapids Public Schools, Attn: SOC, 2915 Hall Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506
Policies and Regulations
- Please review the Schools of Choice policies and regulations as set by the Kent Intermediate Superintendents’ Association here.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the student's family.
Questions and Additional Information
- For additional information, please contact our district registrar at (616) 235-3535, ext 1 or email@example.com