We are excited to open kindergarten enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year for our future EGRPS graduating class of 2036! As a district we want you to know that we are ready for your child. Our commitment to you is to educate the whole child by providing an engaging and nurturing environment that includes highly qualified and caring teachers.
We encourage families to complete the online Kindergarten Intent-to-Enroll Form with the required documentation, listed below, on or before March 1, 2023, to ensure accurate enrollment projections.
Required Documentation for (Resident-Only) Kindergarten Enrollment
- 2023-2024 Kindergarten Intent-to-Enroll Form for resident students only
- Current water or gas bill as proof of residency
- Hearing and Vision Screening
- Parents/Guardians must provide proof of hearing and vision screenings during enrollment, but no later than the first day of school on August 21, 2023.
- Dental Assessment (PENDING FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR)
- House Bill No. 4223 requires proof of a dental oral assessment that took place not earlier than 6 months before the date of the child’s enrollment for the first time in kindergarten or first grade. As the State provides details, we will share that with families who have registered.
- On April 19, 2023, all families who submitted the Kindergarten Intent-to-Enroll form will be emailed the link to a Kindergarten Parent Informational Video and the Online Enrollment Form.
- For more information, visit our district enrollment page or contact our District Registrar, Shannon Pontius, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.235.3535 ext. 1.
Please note: The State of Michigan requires all children to be five years of age on or before September 1 in order to be eligible for next year's class. If you request to enroll your child in Kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year, and your child will not be five years of age on or before September 1, 2023, but will turn five years of age not later than December 1, 2023, you must also complete a Kindergarten Enrollment Waiver Request Form.